[Skip to Content]

Au Pair Jobs in the USA

The only legal way to go to the USA as a nanny or au pair is through a sponsoring agency.

Sponsoring Agencies

For more information you should try one of the following agencies:

Au Pair in America is run by the American Institute for Foreign Study and sends over 4,000 au pairs to the US each year.

Au Pair USA - for UK residents who want to go to the USA as J-1 visa au pairs. You must be between 18 and 26 with at least 200 hours of infant care experience to qualify for placement in a family with children under two years of age. It costs $500 to join the program but this is refunded at the end of your stay.  Everything else is paid for including flights, training and medical insurance.

Almondsbury Au Pair and Nanny Agency - At the moment they can only place UK nannies in the USA.

Sunny Au Pairs - They are not a US designated au pair agency so they don't provide travel or J-1 visas. They can, however, organise a family homestay of up to 6 months with a B2 (tourist/visitor) visa.