[Skip to Content]

Nursing Jobs in New Zealand

To nurse in New Zealand you will need a practising certificate, which you get once you have been registered as a qualified nurse. As an overseas qualified nurse, you will need to apply for admission to the New Zealand register of nurses. You can do this by contacting the overseas registration section of the Nursing Council of New Zealand.

If you are UK trained and qualified as a doctor your skills are in demand in New Zealand. Doctors are likely to want to work on a more permanent basis overseas. The nature of their work means it is less easy to find short-term placements. For this reason, the New Zealand government is tempting UK qualified doctors by speeding up the immigration process.

For more information contact:

  • Medical Council of New Zealand (for doctors), PO Box 11/649, Level 13, Mid City Towers, 139-143 Willis Street, Wellington
  • 04 384 7635
  • free phone 0800 286 801