Become a Surf Instructor in 6 Weeks
Sunday 2nd August 2009
Vivisto are offering an SSA Level 1 Instructor Course in South Africa
Dig out your boardies, get waxing down, travel to South Africa and get qualified as an SSA Level 1 Surf Instructor in just six weeks!
The course, offered by Vivisto runs from the 15th September to the 27th October 2010 so you can go from beginner to professional in no time at all. As part of your 6 week course you will work with children from underprivileged areas to help build up the instructional hours necessary to qualify as an SSA Level 1 Surf Instructor (This course is endorsed by BSA and ASA).
As part of your programme you will also complete a Surfing Life Savers Course before your instructors exam. The Vivisto instructors will be there with you every step of the way.
- Week 1: Learn to Surf course
- Week 2: Surf lifesaving introduction and training
- Week 3: Surf lifesaving theory and extra training (receive surf instructor course outline)
- Week 4: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday - SSA Level 1 Surf Instructors Course
- Saturday and Sunday - finish surf lifesaving course
- Week 5: Instructing practical, work experience and lifesaving examination
- Week 6: Instructing practical, work experience and instructor examination
You will stay in shared accommodation around Plettenberg Bay, South Africa with other surfers on our programme. You will receive meal vouchers which can be used in the Surf Cafe in Plettenberg Bay. There will be plenty of time to socialise in the evenings with friends and other surfers that you meet.
Places are limited and the cost is £2200 per person, the price includes:
- All training
- Equipment (surf board and wetsuit)
- Meal vouchers
- Exam preparation and fees
- Alumni membership
- Life Savers Course
- Practical work in Surfboard factory
Discounts are available for groups of four or more people. Participants need to be able to swim, be confident in the water, fit and healthy and aged 18 or over. Surfing is a physically demanding sport and you need a certain degree of physical fitness.Tweet