Working Holiday Visas for Gap Years in New Zealand
The New Zealand government offer a United Kingdom Working Holiday Scheme which allows young people of the UK to work and stay in New Zealand for up to 23 months. This scheme allows you to work in New Zealand on a temporary, part time or casual basis for a year.
Working Holiday Visa Conditions
- If you are a British or Irish Citizen you have to be residing in your home country at the time of applying in the UK. Other applicants must meet the conditions of the particular scheme they are applying under.
- Aged between 18-30 years.
- Not accompanied by children on your visit.
- Have a passport with a validity of at least 27 months at the time of applying for your visa and your passport must be in good condition.
- Show that per month you will have a minimum of NZ$350 available to cover your living costs.
- Prove that the main purpose of your trip should be to travel, not to work!
- Meet health requirements.
You can apply for a working holiday visa through the New Zealand Immigration Website.