City Guide to Auckland
Auckland is a large city positioned between the Waitemata and the Manukau harbours. It is known as the “city of sails” because of all the boats harboured there.
Facts about Auckland
- About 70% of the land is rural
- 90% of people that live in Auckland live in the urban areas
Cool places to hangout
- Albion Hotel – 119 Hobson Street - 09 379 4900
- Birdcage Bar and Restaurant - 133 Franklin Road, Freemans Bay - 09 378 9104
- The Control Room Bar – 239 Queen Street – 09 377 3219
- Empire Tavern – 137 Victoria Street, Freemans Bay – 09 373 4389
- The Kings Arms Tavern - 59 France Street, Newton - 09 373 3240
Visitor Information Centre
Auckland has a number of i-SITE Visitor Centres, these centres are found across the city and can help you with getting the most out of your trip to New Zealand.
Before you leave for New Zealand you can also contact them by calling:
- United Kingdom – 0808 234 9376
- United States – 188 581 1891
- Internation Calls should call 00 64 9 367 6009
Plan Your Gap Year to Auckland
Click on one of the links below for more information and useful advice when travelling to Auckland.
In this section
Other New Zealand Gap Year Destination Pages