City Guide to Cairns
Cairns is a cool place to hang out for a while, and there are plenty of bars and restaurants to keep you busy while you’re planning your next adventure. And that is what Cairns is really all about for most of its visitors – it’s a place to arrange your trip out to the Great Barrier Reef or to some many of the beautiful islands that lie off the Queensland coast. Cairns has got a lively nightlife and certainly makes a great base from which to visit some of Oz’s most spectacular sights.
Facts about Cairns
- Babinda Boulders, south of Cairns, has a haunted pool that will kill any unmarried man who swims there!
- It’s a great place to view sharks. Just little ones…
Cool places to hangout in Cairns
- Chill out in the Flecker Botanic Gardens.
- Swim with sharks at Undersea World.
Visitor Information Centre
- 11 Leafwing Close, Mount Sheridan, Cairns, QLD 40 363341
Plan Your Gap Year to Cairns
Click on one of the links below for more information and useful advice when travelling to Cairns.
In this section
Other Australia Gap Year Destination Pages