The Winter Sports Company
The Winter Sports Company, Pooh Corner,
Chy an Dour Road, Praa Sands, Penzance,
Cornwall, TR20 9SY, UK
Tel: 01736 763402
Choose Life, in the Mountains – make your gap year or career break count and qualify to work in a ski resort.
All-inclusive training courses and paid snow school internships for ski instructors, snowboard instructors, emergency response and ski patrol, in Canada, Europe and New Zealand.
Nominated for a World Snow Award, The Winter Sports Company is a training company owned and managed by ski instructors dedicated to providing the best value, high quality training for professional careers in the mountains.
- For gap year, skills improvement, career break, career development
- From 25 - 40 hours training per week
- Luxury ski-in, ski-out hotel accommodation
- Job application support including visa advice and C.V. preparation
- Internships include up to 16 weeks paid work with the ski school
Training courses are all-inclusive of flights or coach travel, luxury accommodation, meals, tuition, exams and season lift pass. Everything is taken care of so you can focus on training and successful qualification.
4 of the best ski resorts for snowboard & ski instructor training
All ski resorts are selected for, luxury ski-in, ski-out accommodation, great snow record, varied and challenging ski areas, and the best qualified instructors.
La Tzoumaz, Switzerland –– 13 Week Course
Situated in the huge 4 valleys ski area – the exceptional snow school and variety of terrain is perfect for an instructor course, La Tzoumaz has a traditional Swiss feel.
- 10 weeks instructor training with up to 3 weeks instructor work between level 1 exam and level 2 training.
- Level 1, 2 BASI Ski Instructor or Snowboard Instructor Qualifications
- Ski-in, ski-out resort in the 4 valleys – over 400km of piste
- Full board chalet accommodation
- Average snowfall + 3.00m
Panorama Mountain Village, Canada – Courses from 3 – 19 Weeks
Canada’s hidden gem in the Kootenay Rockies in British Columbia. Panorama boasts tree runs, steeps, the deepest powder bowl, and a small friendly welcoming village.
- 19 Weeks Ski & Snowboard Instructor Internships with at least 16 weeks paid work
- Level 1, 2 CSIA Ski Instructor or CASI Snowboard Instructor Courses
- Ski Patrol Courses & Combined Instructor Courses
- Ski-in, ski-out full board hotel accommodation
- longest fall line runs in Canada
- average snowfall 4.79m
Sun Peaks Resort, Canada – Courses from 3 – 18 Weeks
The second largest skiable area in Canada, with 3 mountains all leading into the resort, including gladed areas, bumps, steeps, long cruisers and 2 Alpine bowls.
- Level 1, 2 & 3 CSIA Ski Instructor or CASI Snowboard Instructor Qualifications
- Luxury ski-in, ski-out full board hotel accommodation
- 4,200 acres of terrain
- average snowfall 5.59m
Queenstown, New Zealand – 10 Week Courses
The adventure capital of the world. Queenstown is close to two brilliant resorts – Coronet Peak and The Remarkables – you will train in both and get a true feels for living in New Zealand.
- season – June to October
- Level 1, 2 NZSIA Ski Instructor or SBINZ Snowboard Instructor Qualifications
- Level 1 & 2 NZSIA Ski Instructor Internships
- Level 3 NZSIA Ski and SBINZ Snowboard Internships
- 540 acres of terrain and 5 terrain parks
- average snowfall 3.67m
The choice is yours. If you want to train and qualify during the British Summer in a vibrant and energetic town, then Queenstown in New Zealand is the perfect resort for you. If you prefer a bit of European style, then try La Tzoumaz in Italy. Panorama in Canada is great for steeps, deeps & heli-skiing, whilst Sun Peaks offers three powder bowls, over 4,000 acres of terrain and over 2,000 hours of sunshine per year.
“My experience with the Winter Sports Company was second to none, right from inquiry stage through to continuing support with job hunting and recommendations. After completing my training I was offered a job as an instructor for the rest of the season. There is nothing more rewarding than spending a day on the snow and seeing your students improve and succeed” Cam, New Zealand, Snowboard Instructor Course-Sun Peaks