Travellers Worldwide Suite 2A, Caravelle House, 17/19 Goring Road, Worthing, West Sussex, BN12 4AP
Choose from over 300 exciting projects in 20 countries for an unforgetable adventure of a lifetime!!!
Established since 1994, Travellers Worldwide has sent over many thousands of volunteers to over 25 countries. They support Community Development and Conservation throughout the developing world and also organise professional Work Experience Internships, Cultural activities and Language courses. They have a global network of permanent field staff and they have built ongoing relationships with project partners to maintain sustainable projects and worthwhile experiences for their volunteers.
• Teach English, and other subjects like Music, Maths, Drama, Computers, Science, etc.
• Rewarding Community Development projects across the globe with, e.g., Townships in South Africa, Indigenous Amazon tribes, Refugees in Australia, Street Children and Orphans in Argentina.
• Coach & Play Sports, 22 sports including Football, Cricket, Netball and Basketball.
• Hands-on Conservation placements with Orang Utans, Dolphins, Elephants, Rhinos, Lions, Pandas etc.
• Professional Work Experience Internships in many fields, including Journalism, Law, Medicine, Business, PR, Tourism, Veterinary, Architecture, Design and much more.
• Language Courses. The best way to learn a language is to live it, eat it, breathe it! Learn Spanish in Argentina or Guatemala, Mandarin in China, Portuguese in Brazil, Swahili in Kenya, Singhalese in Sri Lanka, Tamil in India.
• Educational Courses: African wildlife conservation in Africa, Salsa & Tango in Argentina, Photography, Music, Arts, Martial Arts, PADI scuba, Pilots license and more.
Argentina • Australia • Brazil • China • Cambodia • Ecuador • Ghana • Guatemala • India • Kenya • Malaysia • Mauritius • Mozambique • New Zealand • Peru • South Africa • Sri Lanka • Thailand • Zambia • Zimbabwe
• The most important thing is YOU!
• Exceptional support – large local & international staff force available 24/7
• Flexibility making each placement unique
• Interesting quality projects
• No previous experience required
No qualifications or previous experience are necessary, just a good dose of enthusiasm! Everyone is welcome on a Travellers programme, whether gap year, undergraduate, on a career break - or even retired! From 17 years old upwards, and all nationalities. Their placements will suit anyone who wants to make a real difference, wants first-hand experience of a different culture and has initiative.
Costs vary depending on length of placement and you can participate for up to one year, subject to visa requirements.
Included is full support from the moment of booking and throughout your placement to your return home. There are support staff 24/7 in all their destinations worldwide and a 24 hour emergency international telephone line direct to the Head Office. All meals are provided, unless otherwise stated. Accommodation is provided (whether a rented house, a hotel/hostel, homestay, apartment or flat).
You will be met at the nearest airport on your arrival by their in-country manager who will take you to your accommodation and give you a full induction into the area. He/she will also be on call 24/7 and you will see them frequently.
Pre-departure you will receive comprehensive information about every aspect of your placement and necessary preparations, ranging from what to pack, to visa information, to what to do on your weekend travel in the country. Your safety, well being and happiness throughout your placement are our primary concerns and they will keep in touch with you throughout. International flights not included.
WHAT YOU’LL GAIN FROM DOING THIS PROJECT:
• An exciting, never-to-be-forgotten adventure into your chosen country.
• New skills, more confidence, a greater understanding of a different culture, invaluable personal and professional development.
• An entry on your CV or résumé that will put you head and shoulders above most others in the job market
• Experienced local staff with 24/7 back-up and support who’ll meet you at the airport on your arrival - helps you feel safe and never alone!
• An in-depth Induction makes you feel local straight away!
• A unique insight into another culture – see it from the inside in a way you could never do as a tourist.
• An opportunity to make lifelong friends from all over the world.
• And best of all ... an unforgettable experience!