Ski Academy Switzerland
Ski instructor internships, best ski resorts in the world and job guaranteed.
The Winter PSIA Course is supported by the Oberschneider Ski School which is situated in the popular ski resort of Kaprun and neighbouring Zell and See in Austria. They will be offering the PSIA Level 1 qualification on their fast-track programmes and PSIA Level 2 modules on their premier programmes. Completion of the PSIA Level 1 qualification and ski school training will allow students to work for the Obershneider Ski School (one of the biggest in Austria!) during the winter 2012 season.
The courses commence from January until March and include:
PSIA Level 1 Certification
PSIA Level 2 Training/Modules
Race Coaching Course (optional)
Ski Technician Awareness Course
Avalanche Awareness Course
PSIA membership fees
Guaranteed work for the Oberschneider Ski School during the 2012 season
1 week free time
To help you to decide which winter ski instructor course suits your needs best, they have put our packages into 2 categories being, fast-track and premier.
Situated at the foot of Kitzsteinhorn, Kaprun is a prime tourism destination in Europe. A special attraction for holidaymakers from all over the world is the glacier skiing area at a height of 2,900 metres above sea level. This is where winter sports enthusiasts meet the best of conditions for unclouded fun in the snow.
The Austrians are famous for their après ski around the world and Kaprun and Zell am See is no exception with more than 30 bars, pubs and clubs!
Why they have been Number 1 for the last 7 years...
- They can guarantee that we won’t be beaten on their prices for standard of training they deliver! The only training provider to do this
- They are the only European training provider to offer the prestigious USSA coaching certifications
- They have a proven record and students who have attended their instructor and performance courses over the last seven seasons have managed to obtain a 98% pass rate!
- They are not a ski school, but an independent training school (unlike many training providers) which means they can offer more training and skiing time for less as they don’t have to pay hefty bills for ski instructors who are contracted in from a local ski school. The people who run SAS are also the same people who train, live and work in the resort with the students and they pride themselves on the highest quality of training at good affordable prices
- They deliver the most extensive training out of any ski training provider
- They have chosen some of the best resorts in Switzerland and Austria. Saas-Fee, Gstaad and Kaprun all of which offer world class skiing and good lively après ski to match
- They have an excellent relationship with Silver Sport, a ski and snowboard specialist shop providing SAS students with excellent discounts and can help in every aspect of equipment and set up
- Once students have qualified with SAS the ski instructor lifestyle has only just begun! They have many close links with European and USA ski schools and they can help you find ski instructor work after any of their programmes. Many of their ex-students are now using their newly acquired skills to enjoy a new lifestyle instructing in ski resorts all over the world!
- Each student shadows and experiences actual hands on teaching with a recognised ski school
- They place students in comfortable accommodation with meals provided seven days a week.
- The SAS coaches and reps are on call 24/7 if there are any problems that might arise
- They can offer French and German language lessons